Benefits of Regular Dryer Vent Cleanings:
- Safety – Prevent fires / over 15,000 dryer fires occur each year.
- Improve Efficiency – Your Dryer will perform better and last longer. Proper air flow is crucial for your dryer to run properly.
- Reduce Electric Bill – A properly vented dryer will reduce your utility costs.
- Prevent Service Calls – Clogged vent lines force your dryer to run longer and wear out parts quicker.
- Plastic white vent line – If you see this attached to your dryer exhaust it should be replaced ASAP. These older vents should be upgraded to metal foil or hard pipes.
Warning signs of a clogged vent
- Dryer takes longer than normal to dry.
- Dryer is very hot/clothes are damp.
- Excess lint build-up.
- Condensation/mold smell
(Clean out the insides of your dryer blower housing and base )
- The inside of your dryer can build up with lint how matter how well you clean the filter.
- Once this happens the lint coats the blower wheel, lint screen housing area and escapes inside the base of the dryer building up on the components including the motor and heater assembly.
Why clean this out every few years ?
- It will improve the performance of your dryer and prevent fires.